How to Apply

Regardless of immigration status, all new students, including international students, apply to Hudson Valley Community College following the college's application process listed below.

Eligibility Requirements

International students are defined as non-immigrant visitors who come to the U.S. with an F-1 visa for full-time study. If you are in the U.S. on another type of non-immigrant status (such as A, B, G, H, J or M) and want to study at Hudson Valley, or if you are not sure about your status, please contact us at
NOTE: If you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, you are not considered an international student.

Incoming students must display proficiency in English by either:

  • taking the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and obtaining a minimum score of 61 on the ibT or;
  • taking the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and obtaining a minimum score of 6.0 on the overall band.

Before you begin the application process, please review all of the supporting document requirements below, including the Estimated Annual Financial Requirements for International Students (PDF).

Application Process

Get in Touch

International Student Services

Guenther Enrollment Services Center, Room 126