Meet Stephanie T. and Jesse R.

Environmental Science Graduates

${alt}
“Hudson Valley is where I got my passion for nature.”

Stephanie Tyski ’18 and Jesse Rock ’18 both nurtured their curiosity for nature and environmental protection while students at Hudson Valley Community College and their experience in the college’s Environmental Science program launched them toward further education and ultimately careers in the field.

“If it wasn’t for Hudson Valley, I definitely would not be down this path,” said Stephanie. “I’m very happy it’s led me here.”

After Hudson Valley, both alumni continued their education through bachelor’s and master’s degrees at Paul Smith’s College in Saranac Lake and both continue to work in the Adirondacks, with Stephanie now serving the Adirondack Watershed Institute as a communications fellow and Jesse working as a wildlife forester for the Ruffed Grouse Society and American Woodcock Society. He’s also an adjunct professor at Paul Smith’s.

“Once I had my degree in Environmental Science (from HVCC), I was able to transfer to a whole host of colleges,” Jesse said. “For me that choice led me to Paul Smith’s College.”

Play video
Stephanie T. and Jesse R.

Stephanie T. and Jesse R.

Environmental Science Graduates

Their experience in the college’s Environmental Science program launched them toward further education and careers in the field.
Watch Stephanie T. and Jesse R. on Vimeo.com