Certificate of Residence Information

In order to qualify for resident tuition rates, you must have a valid Certificate of Residence on file with the Hudson Valley Community College Cashier's Office.

If you have been a permanent resident of New York State for a minimum of one year, you most likely qualify to receive the Certificate of Residence. You will be required to document your permanent resident status upon application for the Certificate of Residence.

NOTE: If you are a Veteran attending Hudson Valley Community College in accordance with the federal GI bills and in compliance with all applicable eligibility requirements thereof, you should contact the Cashier's Office to have the non-resident tuition charge removed from your account.

About the Certificate of Residence

How do I submit my Certificate of Residence to the college?

In order to pay the resident rate of tuition and fees, a Certificate of Residence must be submitted electronically to the Cashier's Office prior to or at the time of payment.

Please upload a copy of your Certificate of Residence using the following link:

Upload Your Certificate of Residence

If you have any questions or difficulty uploading your form, please contact the Cashier’s Office at (518) 629-4504 or cashier@hvcc.edu for assistance. You may also visit us in person in the Guenther Enrollment Services Center, Room 110.

Get in Touch

Cashier's Office

Guenther Enrollment Services Center, Room 125

Fax: (518) 629-4892

Regular Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Summer 2024 Hours (May 20 - July 26): Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.; Friday, Closed

Mailing Address:
HVCC Cashier's Office
PO Box 1470
Troy, NY 12181