Public Safety
ID Cards

All students, faculty, administration and staff are required to obtain and carry Hudson Valley Community College identification cards at all times and to present them upon request to any security officer or faculty or staff member. Other identification must be shown if such a request is made and the person questioned does not have a Hudson Valley ID card in his/her possession. Hudson Valley ID cards are to be surrendered upon termination for any reason. Loss of an ID card must be reported to the registrar immediately.

Spring 2014 ID card schedule
1/2/2014 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
1/3/2014 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
1/6/2014 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
1/7/2014 8 a.m. –  5 p.m.
1/8/2014 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
1/9/2014 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
1/10/2014 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
1/13/2014 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
1/14/2014 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
1/15/2014 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
1/16/2014 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
1/17/2014 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
1/18/2014 9a.m. – noon
1/20/2014 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
1/21/2014 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
1/22/2014 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
1/23/2014 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
1/24/2014 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
1/27/2014 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
1/28/2014 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
1/29/2014 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
1/30/2014 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
1/31/2014 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.

Student ID Carding

Why should I obtain my student ID card?
As a student here you will be required to carry your Hudson Valley ID card with you at all times when you are on campus. Online only students are not required to obtain an ID card.

Your ID card will allow you to access many facilities on campus and will be necessary for you to participate in many student activities. Through the Faculty Student Association, you will be able to put money on your ID card and then use your ID card to purchase food at various locations on campus including vending machines. Your Id card may be used to access your printing funds in the Library and computer café in the Campus Center. In addition to campus uses for your ID card there are many companies and organizations that give college students a discount based on presentation of a student ID card.

How do I obtain my student ID card?
An ID card may be obtained AFTER your bill has been paid.

You must have proper identification with you in order to have your ID card processed. We will accept the following as proper identification:

  • A valid picture driver's license or some other picture ID card issued by a governmental agency.
    This includes your Hudson Valley Community College ID card if you need to obtain a new one.

If you do not have either of these identifications then any of the following combinations of identifications will be acceptable:

  • Original Birth Certificate and Original Social Security Card
  • Original Birth Certificate and HVCC bill or schedule
  • Original Social Security Card and HVCC bill or schedule
  • Original Birth Certificate and High School Picture ID Card
  • Original Social Security Card and High School Picture ID Card

Where do I obtain my student ID card?
The ID Card Office, located in Campus Center Room 164, is open during regular business hours the week prior to bills being due for the fall and spring semesters. This office remains open until the end of the first week of on-campus day courses for those semesters.

If you are unable to obtain your ID card during the hours that the ID card office is open, please go to the Office of Public Safety in Campus Center, Room 170.

What do I do if I lost my student ID card?
If you previously or now have a Hudson Valley ID card, or if your ID card has been lost, you must go to the Cashiers Office located in Guenther Enrollment Services Center and pay a $9 ID card replacement fee. You will then bring your receipt to the ID Card Office in Campus Center Room 164 when it is open, or to the Office of Public Safety in Campus Center Room 170 when the ID Card Office is closed.