Human Services and Chemical Dependency Counseling

Your academic advisor is available to help you with scheduling, adding or dropping a course, or planning for your academic future. Your academic advisor also is a good place to start when you're not sure who you need to talk to about a problem or question and can assist you in identifying and communicating with other offices at the college.

Advisement and Course Registration

New Students

All new students enrolled in the Human Services A.A.S. and A.S. programs need to schedule an appointment to meet with an academic advisor in the Liberal Arts Advisement Center to select their courses for the first semester. Make an appointment online.

New students in the Human Services A.A.S. and A.S. programs also are required to attend New Student Orientation prior to the start of classes, either before or after their academic advisement appointment.

NOTE: Students in the Chemical Dependency Counseling certificate and degree programs will receive academic advisement and orientation before the semester begins. Students in these programs are required to attend the program-based orientation events instead of the college's New Student Orientation.

Current and Transfer Students

Advisement will be done during walk-in times. Hours are posted in the Human Services and Chemical Dependency Counseling Department, BRN 008, or you may call (518) 629-7341 for current advisement hours.

Part-time and evening students and students with disabilities should call (518) 629-7341 for an appointment.

Academic Advisors

Cathleen Campchero
Karen Nash
Maryanne Pepe

Get in Touch

Department or program information:

Maryanne Pepe
Brahan Hall, Room 008

Program admission information:

Guenther Enrollment Services Center, Room 223
Regular Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Summer Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.