Paying Your Bill

Using Your Financial Aid to Pay Your Tuition Bill

Your approved grant aid (Pell, SEOG, TAP) should appear as a credit on your tuition bill. You must return your signed bill or confirm your registration via WIReD and submit a Certificate of Residence to the Cashier's Office by the due date, even if you have financial aid grants and loans that cover your balance due.

A Federal Direct Stafford Loan (subsidized and/or unsubsidized) will appear as offered on your award letter and may be used as a credit toward your tuition bill. In order to accept the loan you must:

  1. Complete an Entrance Counseling session and Electronic Master Promissory Note (EMPN) online at You must have your Federal Student Aid ID in order to access this website. You may request a duplicate Federal Student Aid ID online at
  2. Complete the loan application process on WIReD under the Student Services and Financial Aid tab. Choose Financial Aid and Accept My Federal Student Loan(s).

WIReD loan records are received by the Financial Aid Office in 24-48 hours. All loans take approximately three to five business days from the date the application is received before it is reflected as a credit on your tuition bill. You may then view your updated tuition account via WIReD and "Confirm your registration."

Special Information Regarding TAP Awards:
A full-time TAP award will appear as a credit on your tuition bill if you meet the preliminary eligibility requirements; however, this award must be certified by our Registrar's Office. If it is determined that you are ineligible for TAP, the award will be removed and you will be responsible for paying any resulting balance on your account. Part-time TAP, APTS or other state awards may not appear as a credit on your tuition bill.

Do You Owe Official Transcripts to Hudson Valley Community College?
Until you submit all official transcripts from other educational institutions attended to the Admissions Office, you will not be able to use your approved financial aid as a credit toward your tuition bill. The deadline for submitting official transcripts and other required documents to the Admissions Office to be eligible for financial aid is prior to the census date in the effective term. Census dates can be found in the online registration calendars at

Degree Applicable Credit Hours
You can only receive federal and state aid for courses that count toward your degree program as a matriculated student. An error message will occur when you schedule courses that are NOT degree-applicable. You can view your scheduled courses on WIReD. Tuition bills will NOT reflect financial aid credits for courses that are not degree-applicable. Please review your schedule and your bill very carefully for any discrepancies relating to your courses and financial aid.