Freedom of Information Law (FOIL)

New York State’s Freedom of Information Law (Public Officers Law §87 et. seq.) allows members of the public to access records of governmental agencies; and provides a process for the review and copying of an agency’s public records.

You may file a request for information by writing a letter and sending it to:

Valerie Paull
Record Access Officer
Hudson Valley Community College
80 Vandenburgh Avenue
Troy, New York 12180

You may also file a request for information via electronic mail to

[View Sample Request]