The Faculty Resource Room in BTC 1052
- Meet the Mentors -- Includes the current mentor schedule as well as information about each mentor.
The Center for Effective Teaching was pleased to announce the opening of the Faculty Resource Room, located in the Bulmer Telecommunications Center, Room 1052 in the fall of 2002. The Faculty Resource Room was organized with the support of President John Buono, Dr. Carolyn Curtis, Information Technology Services, and many others.
The room gives faculty a location to experiment with technology similar to what is available in campus classrooms. Several staff members serve as mentors to assist faculty with pedagogy, teaching techniques, and technology.
We invite you to stop in anytime to look over the facilities. The lock on the door of BTC 1052 is the same as any BTC computer room. If faculty do not have a BTC computer room key, here are some options:
- A key is available in the Center for Effective Teaching (BTC 1042) during regular business hours.
- A key may be signed out from the Office of Public Safety, located in the Siek Campus Center.
- All full- and part-time faculty may request a key for their personal use through their Department Chair.
What you will find in the Resource Room
The following equipment is available in BTC 1052 for your experimentation
- PC's, Scanners, and CD Burners with Standard ACE build
- Texts on Assessment and Teaching Strategies
- Instructor Console with standard ACE build
- Scanner and computer with HVNET office build
- Fax machine
- Color printer
- Laser black and white printer linked to the network
- IMAC with 24" screen, iWork and MS Office for MAC and a WebCam
We would like to schedule some training in BTC 1052 that will meet your
needs. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you would
be interested in training in:
- Instructor Console
- FTP (using Secure Shell to move files from school to home and back)
- Fax machine
- Creating PDF files
- Any issues surrounding pedagogy
We look forward to working with you in this wonderful facility.