Location: Siek Campus Center, room 230
Phone: (518) 629-7550
The Center for Academic Engagement (CAE) focuses on reaching out to students and encouraging them to access academic support services and is part of the Instructional Support Services and Retention unit.
The following services are available to all students:
- One-to-one academic coaching
- Engage-N-Go Mini Workshop
These workshops are designed for small groups of students and feature a wide variety of topics relating to retention issues. The 15- to 30-minute sessions are both timely and informative, and are meant to complement the full-length instructional sessions offered by the Learning Centers.
Pre-registration for these free sessions is not required. All sessions are held in the CAE (Siek Campus Center, room 230).
- Group study and collaboration
- Veteran Mentors
Veteran Mentors are peers who understand the unique situation of transitioning from the service to being a student. They are here to speak with you about your military service, help build camaraderie among veterans on campus and share information about the services available to students. To speak with a Veteran Mentor, visit the CAE or contact Academic Coach/Site Supervisor Jessica Gilbert at email@example.com or (518) 629-7609.
- Graduation, Achievement and Placement (GAP) Program
The GAP program was developed in response to legislation passed by the State of New York in the spring of 2013. The goal of the program is to create acceleration toward students' degree of choice and content area courses. More..
Our services help students achieve:
- Increased confidence
- Improved grades
- Decreased stress
- Knowledge of student support services
- Connections with campus mentors
- Improved college success rates
- When should I visit the CAE?
- When course work, life issues and/or grades are causing you stress.
- When you'd like to improve your grades.
- When you feel like you could use encouragement and support.
- When you'd like to brush up on skills essential to college success.
- When you're not sure which college office(s) you should visit to get all of the help you need.
- When you'd like to do homework, use computers and/or study in a supportive environment.
- When you receive a call or e-mail inviting you to stop by the CAE.
Faculty, staff, and advisors are encouraged to refer students to our office.
*A referral to the CAE does NOT mean that you are failing your class, not doing all of your coursework, etc. A referral to the CAE is simply a way for your instructor to point you in a direction to improve your overall college experience.
- Who should visit the CAE?
- Students who are on academic probation are strongly encouraged to utilize CAE services to improve study skills.
- Students who are struggling with a single course, or several courses.
- Students who are performing well in their coursework, but would like to improve their study habits, time management skills and/or overall academic performance.
Remember, the CAE is open and available to all Hudson Valley Community College students (including full-time, part-time, distance learning (online) and evening students.)
We also provide:
- Referrals to other support offices on campus
- Computers for student use
- Faculty Support
In addition, the CAE works with faculty to help support student success with its College Success Referral System and departmental connections. The philosophy and practice of this retention initiative is to identify students, facilitate early academic engagement, offer appropriate services, and create a solid connection to the college with one goal: student retention and persistence.
CAE staff will reach out to, and meet with, students on an ongoing basis to maintain a long term, effective follow up system for students and referral sources.
The CAE academic coaches and staff use a student-centered approach and provide students with a solid point of contact to help navigate all aspects of the collegiate experience.
Academic Coach/Site Supervisor
Enrollment and Retention Services Technician
Associate Dean for Instructional Support Services and Retention
The mission of the Center for Academic Engagement is to facilitate collaboration between academic and instructional support units and encourage faculty and staff to intervene on student retention issues in a timely manner. The CAE will employ active student outreach, as well as support the faculty and staff, in proactively connecting students to services that can enhance the opportunity to be successful at Hudson Valley Community College.
It is the goal of the Center for Academic Engagement to increase achievement and success of all Hudson Valley Community College students.