The Dwight Marvin Library embraces innovation, implements best practices, and participates in continuous renewal and self-improvement to deliver evolving library services which foster student and institutional success.
The mission of the Dwight Marvin Library is to provide access to information and to deliver instruction and services in a welcoming environment that demonstrates commitment to the academic success of all learners.
The Library’s goals are:
- To provide quality reference service when and where it is needed to foster effective and independent use of library resources.
- To select, acquire, organize, provide access to and preserve information resources that best support the curricular, research, and information needs of the college community through robust collections at Marvin Library and through cooperative resource sharing with other institutions.
- To teach the skills needed to retrieve and evaluate information for academic success and lifelong learning.
- To maintain a highly skilled faculty and staff that can develop and deliver excellent library services.
- To provide access to resources which reflect a broad range of perspectives, viewpoints, and approaches consistent with the College's commitment to civility and diversity.
- To provide an inviting and welcoming library environment conducive to study, teaching, research, and work.
- To collect, organize, provide access to and preserve materials highlighting the history and culture of the college and the community.
- To engage in best practices in library operations and in regular assessment and evaluation of library services.