Eligibility and Application Procedures
You are eligible for the EOP if you are:
- A New York state resident 12 months prior to enrollment.
- A graduate of a New York state high school with a cumulative GPA of 80 or below, a recipient of the GED or enrolled in Hudson Valley Community College’s 24-Credit Hour program.
- First time, full time college student.
- Eligible as an economically disadvantaged student (See chart below).
This table lists financial eligibility requirements for EOP admission for students entering the Fall 2012 -
Spring 2013 academic year. Subsequent changes to these guidelines will be posted as they occur.
to be determined economically disadvantaged, a student must be from a household in which the income does
not exceed the amount shown for its size in the applicable category or must be in economic circumstances that
conform to one of the exceptions listed below the income chart.
|* Add $7,326 to income for each additional family member
Exceptions to Income Guidelines
Above guidelines do not apply if...
- The student's family receives Family Assistance or Safety Net payments through the New York State Office
of Temporary and Disability Assistance or a county Department of Social Services or receives Family Day Care
payments through the New York State Office of Children and Family Assistance
- The student lives with foster parents who do not provide support for college, and the student's natural parents provide no such support
- The student is a ward of the state or county
The following documentation must be submitted along with your application in order to determine your eligibility for EOP:
- An official high school transcript from your high school showing your graduation date and overall cumulative GPA or GED scores
- A copy of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- One of the documents listed below:
- A copy of your 1040 Form if you worked last year and filed income taxes
- A copy of your IRS Form 4605T if you did not file taxes or have filed no income (For assistance, go to http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf or call 1-800-908-9946)
- A copy of last year’s budget sheet or proof of Social Security benefits if you received public assistance or social security benefits. ALL applicants under the age of 24, who do not have dependents (children of their own), must submit documentation of their parents’ income.
Transferring to Hudson Valley Community College’s EOP
You are eligible for EOP as a transfer student, provided you have been enrolled in EOP, College Discovery, HEOP (Higher Education Opportunity Program), SEEK (Search for Education, Elevation and Knowledge) or a similar academic and financial support program at your previous college. If your previous college did not have EOP or a similar program, you still may be considered for transfer eligibility and should notify the EOP office as soon as possible about your interest.
Click here to complete an application.
Transfer Verification Form
This form is for students transferring to HVCC from a previous institution in which they were enrolled in EOP. Transfer students attending HVCC need to have this form turned in to make their application complete.