For more information regarding this program, please contact:
Interim Department Chairperson
Brahan Hall, Room 008
For more information about admission to this program, please contact:
Guenther Enrollment Services Center, Room 223
The mission of the Human Services department is to provide students with theory and practical skills in two areas: general Human Services and Chemical Dependency Counseling. Students are prepared for transfer to baccalaureate programs and/or for employment in the field.
- Flexible program with the opportunity to earn a degree during evening hours.
- High placement rates (95% to 100%) for graduates entering the workforce.
- Many students transfer to good four-year schools for social work and sociology.
- Small classes with individualized attention.
- Easy access to professors who are knowledgeable, dedicated and skilled (every full-time faculty member in the program has won an award for teaching).
- High-quality academic advisement.
- Course work that reflects state-of-the-art theory and skills.
- A learning environment that is positive and caring.