Applying for Financial Aid

Transferring Financial Aid to Hudson Valley from Another School

  1. Locate your Federal Student Aid ID. If you have forgotten your ID, go to for help.
  2. Once you have your FSA ID, go to and choose the option “Make Corrections to a Processed FAFSA.” Add the Hudson Valley Community College school code, which is 002868 and be sure to SUBMIT your change. You will see a confirmation number when the change has been submitted. Your FAFSA change will be received in 5 - 7 days.

To change your TAP school, go to Choose "Student Access," then choose "Change TAP College Code/Address" and enter your HESC user ID and PIN. Be sure to only change the school listed for the semester(s) that you will be attending a different school. The Hudson Valley Community College TAP code is 2080.

*These same options can be utilized when changing financial aid from Hudson Valley Community College to another school.