For more information regarding this program, please contact:
Interim Department Chair
McDonough Sports Complex, Room 207
For more information about admission to this program, please contact:
Guenther Enrollment Services Center, Room 223
The Physical Education Department seeks to support the mission of the college by preparing entry-level students in Physical Education for transfer and ultimate completion of baccalaureate degree requirements. Additionally, it will remain our objective to endeavor to meet the diverse physical activity and wellness needs of the Hudson Valley Community College student body.
- Hudson Valley Community College offers the best community college athletic facilities in the country, including fitness facilities, field house, ice rink and a professional baseball stadium.
- The program is very affordable. Hudson Valley students save thousands of dollars on the first two years of a four-year education.
- Students benefit from exceptional and dedicated faculty.
- The program offers great preparation for sports medicine and sports management, in additional to traditional physical education degree tracks.
- Physical Education graduates have outstanding transfer opportunities, including top schools like Cortland, Brockport and Ithaca College.
- Students can participate in Hudson Valley's competitive Region III/Division III athletic program.