Community and Professional Education
Winter/Spring 2014 Offerings: High School Equivalency (formerly GED Preparation)

High School Equivalency Diploma / TASC™ Preparation
Test Assessing Secondary Completion™, or TASC™, is a national high school equivalency assessment to help individuals address their need for advancement, resulting in a high school equivalency diploma. The TASC will replace the current GED® beginning in January 2014. The TASC™ Preparation program will help the adult student earn a High School Equivalency Diploma. Our instructors provide individualized instruction in the following areas: math, science, social studies, reading and writing. Using a Predictor Test, we will work together with you to assess your test readiness. Students who register for this class must also register for one of the TABE pre-test dates below. Please note: in order to enroll in this class you must achieve a 8.0 on both the TABE Math and Language Assessments. A certificate of residency is required for this course.

Day Session
53 Sessions, BTC 322
Mon.-Thurs., 2/3 - 5/8, 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
No class 2/26, 4/21, 4/22
Susan Dvorsky, Instructor

Registration Information

Evening Sessions
26 Sessions, BTC 322
Mon. and Wed., 2/3 - 5/7, 6 - 9 p.m.
No class 2/26, 4/21

Registration Information

27 Sessions, BTC 322
Tue., and Thurs., 2/4 - 5/8, 6 - 9 p.m.
No class 4/22
Joal Bova, Instructor

Registration Information

TABE Pre-Tests
60256 Thurs., 1/16, 6 - 9 p.m.
60257 Wed., 1/22, 6 - 9 p.m.
60258 Sat., 1/25, 9 a.m. - Noon
60259 Mon., 1/27, 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Registration Information

Certificate of Residence Information
Some credit-free courses require a Certificate of Residence. If one is required it will be noted.

Why do you need it?
A Certificate of Residence enables Hudson Valley Community College to charge your county for part of your tuition costs.

Without a Certificate of Residence, you will be considered a non-resident of New York State and will have to pay the non-resident tuition.

Please note that students who register online will be required to pay the non-resident tuition charges if they do not have a valid Certificate of Residence on file. Once the Certificate of Residence has been posted to the student’s account, a refund of the non-resident tuition charges will be issued.

Where do you get it?
You obtain a Certificate of Residence from the county of your permanent address by providing proof of residency. You must be a New York State resident for one year and provide proof of residency for the past six months.

When do you give it to Hudson Valley Community College when taking a credit-free course?
If you register by phone, fax or online we ask that you send your Certificate of Residence to our office within five business days. Students who register by mail or in person should submit their certificate at the time of registration.