Student Life and Student Services

Veterans on Campus

Hudson Valley Community College has a long history of helping our military pursue their educational goals. Whether you’re an active-duty service member or veteran, we’ll help you reach your college and career aspirations. It’s Hudson Valley’s way of supporting the men and women who have served our country.

Getting Started
Whether you are planning to pursue a degree or just take a few classes, you can begin applying for military benefits at the same time you begin the enrollment process. Visit our Steps to Enroll for your guide to the enrollment process at Hudson Valley.

See the information below under Guides to Education Benefits for further information about what benefits are available and how to apply.

An accredited Veterans Benefits Advisor from the New York State Division of Veterans Affairs is available in the Wellness Center. Stop by the Wellness Center or call (518) 629-7320 to make an appointment for assistance with any state or federal veterans' benefits including but not limited to: GI Bill; Vocational Rehabilitation; Compensation and Pension; VA Healthcare; Survivors' Benefits; Home Loan Guaranty; Review of Discharge; Burial.

If you have questions regarding how to apply your benefits to you tuition bill, please contact the Registrar’s Office at or (518) 629-4545.

US Armed Forces Seals
  • Designated Military-Friendly by G.I. Jobs
    • In top 15% of colleges nationwide
  • Credit for military training and experience
  • Assistance with Post-9/11 GI Bill® and other benefits
  • Evening, weekend, online, on-campus courses
  • Academic advisement and guidance
  • Armed Forces Club and support services
  • 350 military/veteran students enrolled
  • 94% job or transfer placement

Guides to Education Benefits
The links below will open flyers that were created by Hudson Valley and are meant to assist students who are eligible for military benefits.

Self-Reporting Attendance
All students using VA education benefits must self-report attendance to the college on a weekly basis. Attendance information must be collected by the college in order to comply with VA education benefits regulations. Use the link below to access the self-reporting attendance tool. To login, provide the username and password issued to you by the college. If you do not know you username and password, contact the Registration Information Center at (518) 629-7700.

Access the self-reporting tool.
Attendance must be reported at the end of each week of classes. You can report attendance beginning the Monday following the week for which you are reporting and will have access to do so through the following Sunday. Once that Sunday has passed, you will no longer be able to report attendance for that week.

New Veteran's Employment Center
The Department of Veterans Affairs worked closely with federal partners to develop the Employment Center, which is the single federal source for veterans looking for new career opportunities in the private and public sectors, as well as Servicemembers transitioning to the civilian workforce, military spouses and dependents looking for employment opportunities, GI Bill® beneficiaries transitioning from training to the job market and employers looking to connect with high quality applicants. This new site integrates multiple tools and resources for both job seekers and employers, including the Veterans Job Bank. Please visit and click on the Employment Center tab on the top navigation bar.

The Armed Forces Club
The club provides a means for people within Hudson Valley Community College to support the efforts of veterans from all branches of the Armed Forces. These individuals could be student veterans, relatives of veterans, supportive veterans from the community, or representatives from state and federal agencies who work with veterans.
Club website:
Club Facebook Page:

Personal and Psychological Counseling
Counseling Services staff in the Wellness Center are here to help you with your mental, emotional, behavioral and interpersonal functioning, so that you can effectively achieve academic success.

Each semester, the Hudson Valley Community College Foundation offers numerous scholarships, some of which are specific to students who have served in the United States military. Be sure to check out these scholarship opportunities.

Services for Students with Disabilities
The college offers additional support services through the Center for Access and Assistive Technology.

Veteran Peer Mentors
Veteran Peer Mentors, available in the Center for Academic Engagement, understand the unique situation of transitioning from the service to being a student. They are here to speak with you about your military service, help build camaraderie among veterans on campus and share information about the services available to students.

Questions? Contact Us:

Registrar’s Office
Hudson Valley Community College
Guenther Enrollment Services Center, First Floor
Phone: (518) 629-4545
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Summer Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.

GI Bill® Benefits
Phone: 1-888-442-4551