The Dwight Marvin Library embraces innovation, implements best practices, and participates in continuous renewal and self-improvement to deliver evolving library and media services which foster student and institutional success.
The mission of the Dwight Marvin Library is to provide access to information in all formats and to deliver instruction and services in a welcoming environment that demonstrates commitment to the academic success of all learners.
- To provide quality reference service when and where it is needed to foster effective and independent use of library and media resources.
- To select, acquire, organize, provide access to and preserve information resources that best support the current and future curricular, research, and information needs of the college community through robust collections and through cooperative resource sharing with other institutions.
- To teach the skills needed to retrieve and evaluate information for academic success and lifelong learning.
- To maintain a highly skilled faculty and staff that can develop and deliver excellent library and media services.
- To provide access to resources which reflect a broad range of perspectives, viewpoints, and approaches consistent with the college's commitment to civility and diversity.
- To provide an inviting and welcoming environment conducive to study, teaching, research, and work.
- To collect, organize, provide access to and preserve materials highlighting the history and culture of the college and the community.
- To engage in best practices in library and media operations and in regular assessment and evaluation of services.