The goal of the Learning Strategies area of the Learning Assistance Center, located on the lower level of the Marvin Library Learning Commons, is to provide instruction to help students develop and apply learning strategies, study strategies and skills for academic success.
Learning Strategies instruction focuses on a range of topics including test taking, study skills, note taking and developing transferable learning strategies. Services are provided through a variety of methods that include workshops, one-on-one and small group assistance, during the hours the building is open.
Our services include the following:
- Reviewing study skills for specific courses
- Assisting with time management
- Teaching lecture note taking
- Introducing test-taking strategies
- Demonstrating memory improvement techniques
- Teaching textbook reading, note taking, and marking
- Helping to build vocabulary
- Conducting workshops on learning strategy topics