Teaching Assistant (Certificate)

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the cost to take courses at Hudson Valley?

Tuition and fee information can be found in the College Catalog.

Are currently licensed teaching assistants subject to the new regulations?

Currently licensed teaching assistants are not subject to the new regulations but those with a temporary license need to complete six hours of college-level courses to be issued a continuing certificate.

Can I apply the courses I take for another degree?

If students wish to continue their studies beyond the certificate, coursework may be applied to an associate in applied science Early Childhood degree from the college. If a student wants to continue their education after receiving an associate's degree, all of the courses in the certificate program are transferable to four-year institutions of higher education. The college currently has transfer agreements with The College of Saint Rose and Russell Sage College.

Is there additional funding to help pay for my tuition?

Individuals who already work in an early childhood classroom or registered day care setting may have a funding source to pay for part or all of their tuition for the certificate courses. The state's Child Care Educational Incentive Program, which is funded by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services, provides tuition reimbursement up to $2,000 annually based on student income.