Since 1966, the Capital District Educational Opportunity Center (EOC), a division of Hudson Valley Community College and part of the State University of New York, has offered tuition-free academic and workforce development opportunities to disadvantaged and educationally under-prepared New York State residents 16 years and older. As a result, thousands of Capital Region residents have gained self-confidence in their own potential, realized career goals, and obtained self-sufficiency and economic independence.
- 45,000 individuals served in 44 years
- 1,000 students enroll each year
- Average age of students is 30
- Students are diverse: 40 percent African-American; 37 percent Caucasian; 8.6 percent Hispanic; 8.6 percent Asian
- 200 students placed into employment each year