Each year, graduates of the Engineering Science Program are awarded
thousands of dollars in scholarships from our transfer institutions
and in-house awards.
What scholarships are available?
- Try browsing this site for a list of scholarships by major
- The Barry M. Goldwater (Transfer) Scholarship - www.act.org/goldwater/
- Hudson Valley
Community College Scholarships
- New York State
Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges (NYSMATYC) Scholarship
This scholarship is offered by the New York State Mathematical Association
of Two-year Colleges (NYSMATYC).
If you major in mathematics or a related field, the New York State
Mathematical Association of Two-year Colleges may have an award
of up to $600 (as of 1996) for you. Moreover, the following colleges/universities
will match the award: Clarkson University, Rochester Institute of
Technology, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, St. Lawrence, Syracuse
University, and Union College.
Prospective applicants must:
Candidates will complete an application including an essay, transcripts,
and two letters of recommendation.
- Expect to receive an associate's degree in January or May
- Plan to continue majoring in mathematics, mathematics/ education,
engineering, computer science, or a related discipline
- Have completed three semesters of calculus, or have more advanced
courses in mathematics completed or in progress
- Have a grade-point average (GPA) of at least 3.5 in mathematics
and 3.3 overall
Hudson Valley's faculty representative is Margaret