Online registration may be available to you in accordance with the following policies:
- To use the online registration system, WIReD, you must have an Advisement Verification Number (AVN). The AVN allows you to go online and register for courses, change meeting times and add/drop classes. Academic departments differ in their policies and methods for distributing AVNs to their students. To find out if/how you can receive your AVN from your department, please check with your academic department or advisement center.
Please note: Due to the specific sequence of coursework needed to complete certain degree programs, some departments do not distribute AVNs to their students. Before developing your schedule for any term, you will need to seek advisement from your academic department.
- This consultation is a necessary first step, and it provides the opportunity to review your progress toward your degree or educational goal. You also will receive help in the course selection process. This step will assist you with the timely completion of degree requirements, the maintenance of good academic standing and financial aid eligibility.
- The AVN is assigned to you each term and it is available only through your advisor. You will need to enter your AVN each time you access WIReD to register.
- Eligibility for Web registration is at the sole discretion of the individual department.
- All non-degree seeking students can request an AVN through the Office of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions.