Gallery exhibitions are supported by the Department of Fine Arts, Theatre Arts and Broadcast Communications, with assistance from the Office of Cultural Affairs. All exhibitions are installed and assisted by students in Gallery Management classes.
The mission of the Teaching Gallery is to stimulate the creation and understanding of contemporary art for the benefit of Hudson Valley Community College and the larger community.
Exhibition Opportunities and Submission Guidelines
Submissions to be considered for exhibition opportunities are accepted from practicing, professional artists on an ongoing basis.
Please send a CD-rom containing the following:
- 20 - 30 labeled images in .jpeg format.
- A printed exhibition resume with Web site information if available.
- A printed artist statement.
- Press clippings if available.
- Video/ new media artists may submit one DVD with clips of video works, not to exceed three minutes per clip.
Please include a separate printed sheet with clear descriptions of the pieces.
If you would like your materials returned to you, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Please do not send submissions via e-mail or Web site announcement. We will review submissions in as timely a manner as possible.
Please send all submissions to:
Director, The Teaching Gallery
Hudson Valley Community College
80 Vandenburgh Ave.
Troy, NY 12180