Peer Tutor Program
The Peer Tutor Program seeks qualified students who enjoy helping others. If this idea appeals to you then tutoring may be a nice part-time job for you. Peer tutors are student workers, earning $8 per hour.
- are Hudson Valley students who have demonstrated academic excellence in the subjects they tutor
- have been recommended by their professors
- have a desire to share their knowledge with their peers
- are trained by Learning Center professionals
Steps to Apply:
- Pick up a Peer Tutor Application in the Learning Assistance Center (LAC) located on the lower level of the Marvin Library Learning Commons or print the application.
- Ask a faculty member for a recommendation and have them send it to Don Frament via e-mail (email@example.com) or interoffice mail (Don Frament, MRV001).
- Return your completed application to Don Frament in the LAC (Marvin Library Learning Commons, lower level).
- Once the faculty recommendation is received you will be contacted.
- You must successfully complete an interview and Peer Tutor Training in order to be hired.