Online Degree Option
The Criminal Investigation Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S) degree can be completed online with proper advisement. Please Note: Forensic Science I (CRJS 245), one of the required courses for degree completion as well as the Physical Education requirements, are not offered in an online format. Please contact the department for information on how these course requirements may be fulfilled.
Online students must have ready access to a computer with an internet connection. Students must be self-motivated, organized and possess strong time management skills.
An important note about tuition for online students who live outside New York State: Students residing outside New York State who take online courses exclusively are eligible to receive a college scholarship that will reduce the tuition to New York State resident rates. For more information, contact the Cashier's office.
Criminal Investigation Program
Steps to Enroll Online
Apply online using the college's WIReD system at www.hvcc.edu/application.
After you complete the application process, you will receive a confirmation letter. Following your application, we also request that you contact the Department via e-mail or phone to speak with an academic advisor.
Your online degree advisors are Howard Bancroft and Kristen Riegel.
Howard Bancroft, (518) 629-7491, email@example.com
Kristen Riegel, (518) 629-4739, firstname.lastname@example.org
or call the college toll-free at 1-877-325-4822 and use the extensions above.
Review Tuition and Fees
Important Additional Information
- This program is for students who wish to complete an associate's degree and directly enter the law enforcement field.
- The physical education component may be waived by military training or police academy training. Appropriate documentation will be necessary to have the credits applied.
- 30 credits may be transferred and the department will assist students in finding appropriate courses at their local colleges if there are courses they cannot complete online.
- Some students who may wish to continue their education through the baccalaureate level may take advantage of a transfer agreement the college recently signed with The College of Saint Rose's Criminal Justice and Behavior and Law B.S. degrees.
- Please note that not all courses are offered every semester, and there are limited online choices for some of the required courses. With careful planning in conjunction with an academic advisor, students can successfully plan their online degree requirements.