Coordinate Credit-Bearing Courses at Your Business or Organization

Step 1: Contact the off campus coordinator and academic counselor to decide what course(s) would be appropriate for your employees. A minimum of ten students are required for each course. This begins the scheduling process. Because of the need to assign faculty, our deadlines for scheduling courses run several months prior to the start of classes. For example, courses for the fall semester are scheduled in early spring. Courses for the spring are scheduled in early fall.

Step 2: Upon confirmation of a course , the business or organization contact can begin to advertise course availability and registration procedures to your employees. The off campus coordinator will provide you with the necessary registration materials and instructions, including the Student Record Information (SRI) form. Your business or organization's contact will collect the registration forms and return them to the college's Registrar's Office. The Registrar's Office will schedule your employees for the college course(s) indicated. Student registration forms must be received by the appropriate deadline for each term, as noted on the college's registration calendar. Failure to adhere to stated deadlines may result in the student being dropped from the course. The registration deadline for off campus courses can be found on the registration calendar.

Step 3: When your business or organization will be assisting with paying the cost of tuition for your employees, the business or organization contact will be responsible for completing the Third Party Sponsorship Authorization Form. This form will outline the tuition and fees your business will be responsible for. A Third Party Sponsorship Voucher must be completed for each individual employee to identify that you are sponsoring the student. This voucher will include the sponsored employees' name and student ID number, and will indicate the costs you will provide payment for. The college will not bill you for anyone that does not have a Third Party Sponsorship Voucher on file. Note that if you are only paying for the cost of tuition, the individual employee will be responsible for paying the fees incurred.

If employees are to be responsible for paying their tuition bill, they will receive a bill in the mail approximately 60 days prior to the start of class, and continuing until two to three weeks prior to the start of class. If we do not receive your employee's SRI form before our final billing run for the term, the employee will have to pick up their bill in the Cashier's Office, located in Guenther Enrollment Services Center, Room 125. The last billing date can be found on the registration calendar.

Step 4: Each student must pay their Hudson Valley tuition bill or be identified on a Third Party Sponsorship Voucher, and provide a Certificate of Residence by the due date on the bill in order to complete the registration process. The business or organization contact may choose to collect the Certificates of Residence for each employee and turn them in to the Registrar’s Office along with the SRI form, bill and payment. Certificates of Residence are valid for one year. Refer to the Certificate of Residence section for more information on this form.

Step 5: Hudson Valley Community College, in accordance with New York State law, requires students born on or after January 1, 1957 AND enrolled in six or more credits to provide immunization records to the college's Health Services Office along with a completed meningitis questionnaire. These forms will be mailed directly to the student with their tuition bill. If the student registers after the last billing date, these forms are available through Health Services. Please call Health Services for more information at (518) 629-7468 or see Immunization Requirements.

Step 6: After the business or organization contact provides a Third Party Sponsorship Voucher, or the student makes payment, they are registered. The college will issue the student a schedule which includes class times, room assignments, and instructor names, if appropriate.

Add/Drop for Credit-Bearing Courses
Students may add a credit-bearing course(s) by contacting your business or organization contact and filling out a SRI form. Students may drop a credit-bearing course(s) by calling the registration line at (518) 629-4560, or by contacting their advisor if they are in a degree program. A credit-bearing course dropped during this time will not appear on the official transcript. If the schedule change results in less tuition charges, contact the Cashier's Office for the appropriate refund. If a registered student adds a course, tuition liability is immediately incurred. The credit-bearing course will not purge for non-payment.

Course Withdrawal
A student may withdraw from a credit-bearing course(s) but will receive a grade of "W" after the add/drop period has ended. Withdrawal deadlines are noted below. Withdrawal forms are available from the Office of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions if the student is not enrolled in a degree program or through his/her department if he/she is in a degree program and must be signed by an advisor. It is the student’s responsibility to return the form to the Registrar's Office, Guenther Enrollment Services Center, Room 136. Discontinuance of class attendance or notice to the instructor does not constitute authorized withdrawal.

For more information, contact the off campus coordinator and academic counselor at (518) 629-7338.

For transcript information contact the Registrar's Office at (518) 629-4574.

For billing and Certificate of Residence questions contact the Cashier's Office at (518) 629-4504.