SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGIES
Mission Statement: The mission of the School of Engineering and Industrial Technologies is to provide students with the requisite technical skills to obtain a job or transfer to a technical program in order to meet the employment needs of industry.
School of Engineering and Industrial Technologies Goals:
- To provide students with the skills, knowledge and ability to meet their goals.
- To identify and respond to the engineering and industrial technology needs of the community.
- To assist students in recognizing their goals/expectations and to match those goals/expectations to appropriate academic outcomes.
- To provide faculty with multiple opportunities to achieve their desired professional goals in order to enhance the teaching and learning environment.
The School of Engineering and Industrial Technologies offers students the opportunity to meet the current employment needs for today’s technology driven society through 15 degree and six certificate programs. New A.A.S. degrees are available in Mechatronics and Clean Energy Management. The certificates and degrees offered are in building, electrical, industrial and automotive technologies with three programs accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission (ETAC) of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (A.B.E.T.):
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technology: Electronics
Each certificate and degree program has a primary purpose: either employment or transfer. Students work with academic advisors who assist them in determining and pursuing their self-identified academic and career goals.
Computer and Laboratory Facilities
The School of Engineering and Industrial Technologies has extensive laboratory space where students can gain the necessary practical experience in their field of choice. Specific laboratory requirements are contained in the course descriptions.
Laboratories include: a soils testing laboratory, surveying instruments including laser devices, complete drafting facilities, the latest automotive diagnostic equipment, complete machine tool lab, computer based electronic laboratory, a microprocessor facility, a hydraulic and fluid mechanics laboratory, and a complete material testing and metallurgical laboratory.