Student Life and Student Services

Acceptable Forms of Payment

  • Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, VISA or Money Order - Hudson Valley Community College will not accept foreign currency as payment. In the event that a payment (in USD) from an International banking institution results in a processing fee charged to Hudson Valley Community College, this fee will be billed to the student account for which the payment was received.
  • Financial Aid - You can use financial aid to pay your bill if it appears as a credit on your bill or in WIReD. You cannot use financial aid as a credit until it has been finalized by the Financial Aid Office. See "How to Pay Bill or Confirm Your Registration Online."
  • Veteran Deferrals - Eligible veteran students may receive a tuition deferral through the Registrar’s Office.
  • Third Party - If your employer or some other organization will be paying your bill, you must provide supporting documentation to the Cashier’s Office along with payment of any amount the student is responsible for, by the tuition due date. In the event that a student receives a New York State TAP award that is considered a duplicative benefit by the third party sponsor and/or New York State Higher Education Services Corporation, the third party sponsorship will be reduced accordingly.
  • Payment Plan ($50 Fee) - You can elect to pay 50 percent of your total charges plus a $50 payment plan fee, and defer payment of the remaining 50 percent of your charges until later in the semester. If you choose this form of payment, the student may either pay in person at the Cashier's Office or online via their WIReD account. Financial aid can be used to pay the first 50 percent, but it cannot be used to pay the $50 payment plan fee.