Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I return my textbooks?
Textbook returns are handled at the customer service desk, located inside the Bookstore entrance. Please see our Return Policy for detailed information.
*NOTE* Textbooks are not returnable after the second week of the Fall and Spring semesters, and after the first week of summer sessions. Once our return policy period has ended, you can sell your books back during set dates and times.
How do I find my textbooks?
- All textbooks are arranged in the store by course number.
- Bring a copy of your schedule or tuition bill with you to ensure that you get the correct ones for your course and section.
- Course tags hang from the shelves that indicate: the course number; how many books are required/optional; and their titles. The highlighted number in the upper left hand corner of the tag is your course number. Generally, all sections of a course will use the same books. Exceptions will be indicated.
How can I save time in the Bookstore purchasing textbooks?
Visit the Bookstore as early as possible to purchase your texts. You should purchase your books during the two weeks before the semester starts. Shopping during this time will ensure you a speedy trip to the Bookstore.
Time Saving Tips:
- Bring extra money so you avoid extra trips;
- Bring your schedule to ensure that you get the right books the first time;
- Submit a pre-pack form.
What is pre-pack?
Pre-Pack is available every fall and spring semester. Simply fill out an online form with your course numbers and have your books pre-packaged and ready for when you come in! More information can be found here.
How can I save money at the Bookstore?
Purchase used texts (they are 25% less than new texts). To get used books, visit the Bookstore as early as possible. They sell out fast, and visiting the store during the two weeks before classes start will give you the best chance to buy used books. Another way to obtain used textbooks is to fill out a pre-pack form.
What forms of payment does the Bookstore accept?
- Personal check (with photo I.D.)
- Financial Aid Bookstore Advance (with photo ID)
- Third Party Charges (VESID, Dept. Of Labor, Veteran's)
- Credit Card (with photo ID): Visa, MasterCard, and Discover only.
We're sorry, we do not accept American Express
- Gift Card
How are gift cards sold?
We sell gift cards in any amount that you would like. This is an easy and safe way to help someone pay for their textbooks and school supplies. If getting here is a problem, you can call us at (518) 629-7371 and we can arrange to mail it.
Can I use my Financial Aid Bookstore Advance at any time during the semester?
No. There is a particular time frame you can use your Financial Aid Bookstore Advance to make purchases for the Fall and Spring semesters. Dates and more information, including what you can purchase with the waiver, can be found here.
What other services does the Bookstore offer?
How do I avoid keeping textbooks I don’t need?
We recommend asking your professor during the first week of classes if any textbooks will be used. You have two weeks in the Fall and Spring semesters to make a return for the full amount, providing the book is in the same condition as it was sold in. See Return Policy.
During final exam week and the first week of classes of the Fall and Spring semesters, the Bookstore purchases select texts from students. We offer 50% of the current new retail price. Check here for dates and more information.
Back to Top
Questions? Comments? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org