Ten Hudson Valley Community College Faculty Members Receive Promotion
CONTACT: Eric Bryant, (518) 629-8072 email@example.com
FOR RELEASE: Friday, June 5, 2009
The Hudson Valley Community College Board of Trustees recently acted on promotion of 10 faculty members.
Moving from the title of assistant professor to associate professor are:
- Michele Catone-Maitino of the History, Philosophy and Social Sciences Department
- Jennifer Diedrick of the Biology, Chemistry and Physics Department
- Donald Frament of the Instructional Support Services and Retention Unit
- Patricia Gilmaier of the Business Advisement Center
- Janice Hindes of the Individual Studies and Liberal Arts Department
Moving from the title of associate professor to professor are:
- Deborah Campagna of the Nursing Department
- Laura Mastrangelo of the Biology, Chemistry and Physics Department
- Christopher McNally of the Automotive, Manufacturing and Electrical Engineering Technologies Department
- Maria Palmara of the English, Modern Languages and English as a Second
- Bonita Sessing-Matcha of the History, Philosophy and Social Sciences Department
These faculty promotions are effective on September 1, 2009.
Founded in 1953, Hudson Valley Community College offers more than 70 degree and certificate programs in four schools: Business; Engineering and Industrial Technologies; Health Science; and Liberal Arts and Sciences; and an Educational Opportunity Center for academic and career training. One of 30 community colleges in the State University of New York system, it has an enrollment of more than 12,000 students and is known as a leader in distance learning initiatives and workforce training. Hudson Valley has more than 65,000 alumni.