The Marvin Library Learning Commons is an academic building. The building code of conduct defines the acceptable behavior. With prior permission, student clubs may request to conduct outreach to promote activities and to educate library visitors on topics related to their mission.
Acceptable outreach includes:
- Setting up a table to hand out literature on events or issues
- Posting flyers on public bulletin boards as governed by existing college policy
- Requesting space to display an exhibit in the Troy Savings Bank Charitable Foundation Atrium
- Meeting on a one-time or infrequent basis in the Multipurpose Room
- Preparing a slide show of images for display on library monitor(s)
- Requesting the preparation of a tabletop display of books or other library materials related to an event or issue
Student club outreach activity is limited to one event per semester; exceptions will be made at the discretion of the library director (or designee) in consultation with the associate dean for Instructional Support Services and Retention, and/or the Learning Centers Director, and/or the Senior Media Specialist.
Outreach activities must be consistent with the Marvin Library Code of Conduct as well as campus rules and regulations.