These service level agreements define how service is provided by ITS to our community of faculty, staff and students.
« Return to list
ITS Notebook/Laptop Issuance, Return and Repair SLA
1 – General Overview
This is a Service Level Agreement (SLA) between the campus community and Information Technology Services (ITS) to document:
- Notebook/Laptop Issuance
- Notebook/Laptop Returns
- Processes for requesting Notebook/Laptop repair services.
This Agreement is valid from May 2015. Review is every two years, or as otherwise needed.
2 – Service Description
2.1 – Service Scope
The ITS Notebook/Laptop SLA
- Defines a general level of predictability for Notebook/Laptop services.
- Describes how work will be prioritized and predicts response times.
2.2 – Assumptions
- The request for service must only be made for Notebook/Laptop devices issued to the customer by the College.
- The customer issued the Notebook/Laptop must bring the device to campus for service.
- The customer issued the Notebook/Laptop may be required to leave the device for an extended period, as needed, for service.
- The customer may be asked to provide alternate contact information to facilitate additional communication requirements.
3. Roles and Responsibilities
3.1 – Parties
The following Principal Officers are parties to the Agreement
Drew Matanak – President
Michael Green – Executive to the President for Institutional Effectiveness and Strategic Planning
Sarah Garrand – Interim CIO
Umran Yaqoob – Microcomputer Supervisor
3.2 – ITS Responsibilities
Responsibilities and/or requirements of ITS in support of this Agreement include:
- Meeting service delivery commitments outlined in the ITS Service Catalog.
- Meeting response times associated with the priority assigned to service requests.
- Appropriately notifying customers of all details regarding the service.
3.3 – Customer Responsibilities
Customer responsibilities and/or requirements in support of this Agreement include:
- Using the defined processes for requesting help and services.
- Complying with campus security policies, available at ITS Policies and Procedures. Additional security requirements may be included on individual ITS Service Catalog pages.
- Identifying documents/software that must be preserved during the processing of the service request. This includes but is not limited to the customer requesting assistance with and/or performing an individual backup of said items.
4 – Requesting Service
Same as the ITS Campus SLA.
See also Assumptions listed above.
5 – Hours of Coverage, Response Times and Escalation
For all requests, the ITS goal is to have a staff member assigned and acknowledge requests the same or next business day. Campus priorities may require exceptions to this goal during certain times of the Academic year.
5.1 – Hours of Coverage
- The ITS In-person Help Desk support is available during regular business hours of operation in Higbee Hall room 107, Monday through Friday 7:30AM to 5:30PM . (Summer hours are 7:30AM to 4PM). Customers may use any of the methods of contact as stated in Section 4.
5.2 – Response
- ITS can perform intake/release of a Notebook/Laptop device during normal business hours.
- Devices being returned must include all peripherals received at the time of issuance.
- Devices being signed out for the first time require the completion of the Authorization to Remove Equipment from the HVCC Campus paperwork.
5.3 – Prioritization
- All requests for Notebook/Laptop service are performed on a first come, first served basis determined by the time of intake by an ITS representative.
- Early drop off of your device is encouraged but does not, however, guarantee same day completion of the service request.
5.4 – Escalation
- There is no form of escalation available. All service is performed based on Prioritization noted above.
- In certain cases, and based upon availability, a loaner device could be issued in the event the service request will take a significant period of time.
5.5 – More Information
If you have a question regarding your service request, contact ITS via phone (518-629-7364). A representative will provide a best estimate on the completion time of your Notebook/Laptop service request.
6 – Reviewing and Reporting
6.1 – SLA Reviews
ITS is responsible for facilitating regular reviews of this document. Contents of this document may be amended as required.
Designated Review Owners:
Drew Matonak, President
Sarah Garrand, Interim CIO
Umran Yaqoob, Microcomputer Supervisor
Previous Review Date: May 2015
Next Review Date: May 2017
« Return to list