Email Conversion Notice
On May 27, 2016, all college email services transitioned to Office 365. Gmail and Zimbra no longer receive email.
There was no change in your email address or password. However, to log into Office 365 you will need to use your full email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) as your username.
Email, contacts and calendar data has been migrated to Office 365.
- Briefcase: If you had files stored in your Zimbra Briefcase, the contents were exported in a .zip file and placed in your H: drive under H:\zimbra_briefcase_export.
- Mail Filters: You will need to re-establish mail filters (now called Rules) in Office 365 Mail.
- Personally Shared Folders and Calendars: You will need to re-share email folders and personal calendars in Office 365.
- Department Shared Calendars: ITS has migrated and re-established permissions in Office 365 Calendar.
How to access your email in a web browser
Visit www.hvcc.edu/webmail. Enter your full college email address (e.g. email@example.com) and press enter on your keyboard. You will be redirected to another login screen with a similar message to the following:
Enter your username and password and click OK. You are now logged in and will be redirected to your WebMail inbox.
Internet Explorer (IE) Users: If you are using IE on a campus computer in VDI, you will not see this pop up.
How to access your email on a mobile device
Follow the steps outlined below for your specific device. If you had your Gmail or Zimbra account connected to your device already, please delete the account prior to setting up your Office 365 account.
- Download the “Microsoft Outlook” app from your app store. Open the app.
- Select “Get Started”.
iOS: Select “No Thanks” or “Notify me”, depending on your preferences for email notifications on your device.
- Enter your full college email address.
- iOS: Select “Add Account”.
Android: Select “Continue”.
- If the next screen you see is “Enter you IMAP Account Details”, select “Not an IMAP Account” at the bottom of the screen.
- Select “Exchange” from the list of email provider options.
- Enter your college password.
- Enter a description of the mailbox (e.g. HVCC).
- Select the checkmark in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select “Maybe Later”.
- You are now connected to your college email through the Outlook app.
- Open device Settings.
- Select “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”.
- Select “Add Account”.
- Select “Exchange”.
- Enter your full college email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and password.
- The mailbox Description will default to “Exchange”. Change it to “HVCC”.
- Select “Next” in the top right corner of the screen.
- It will take a moment to verify your account. Once verified, a list of items you can sync to your device will display. Make sure “Mail” is switched on.
- Select “Save” in the top right corner of the screen.
- You are now connected to your college email through the iOS Mail app.
- Open the “Email” app.
- Select “Outlook.com”.
- Delete the “@outlook.com” text and enter you full college email address (e.g. email@example.com) and password.
- Select “Next” in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select “Microsoft Exchange Activesync”.
- Select “OK” on the activation agreement.
- It will take a moment to check the incoming server settings. Once this has been completed, options and a list of items you can sync to you device will display. Make sure “Sync Email” is checked.
- Select “Next”.
- Enter the name of the account. You may leave it as your email address or change it to something else, such as “HVCC”.
- Select “Next”.
- You are now connected to your college email through the Android Email app.