The Business Administration A.S. degree program will set you on a path toward an advanced degree in a number of business-related four-year programs.
Students who complete this program receive a solid two-year foundation in the field of business and, in many cases, can transfer with junior status to a four-year college or university. Students transfer into programs such as business, finance, marketing, accounting, economics and management.
This degree is designed to be a transfer program toward a bachelor's degree in one of several business-related areas.
This program is offered by the Business Administration Department.
Entrance and Course Requirements
- The program has longstanding transfer agreements with many colleges and universities in the area and across the Northeast. The majority of program graduates transfer to either University at Albany or Siena College.
- Coursework is equally balanced between business and the liberal arts and sciences.
- Students complete a capstone course in their second year of study in the Business Administration program.
- Degree requirements can be met through either full- or part-time study and through day, evening and online offerings.
- The program has a longstanding relationship with the Disney World Internship program.
- The Business - Business Administration Honors Track is designed to prepare academically advanced students for transfer to high-quality baccalaureate programs through focused interdisciplinary coursework linked to a variety of extracurricular activities.
Program can be completed by attending online.
Program can be completed by attending entirely in the evening.
A wide variety of career opportunities exist for those with a solid foundation in business. Although the majority of graduates from this program continue on to pursue a four-year degree, graduates have found immediate employment as well.
Here's a partial list of employers for recent graduates: MetLife; Monroe County Clerk's Office; NAPUS Federal Credit Union; Northway Church;
NYS Department of Labor;
NYS Department of Taxation & Finance;
NYS United Teachers;
Research Foundation at SUNY;
Ronald McDonald House;
Schenectady City Schools;
State Employees Federal Credit Union;
Sterling, Kaplan, Hersch Investment Brokerage;
Sunmark Federal Credit Union; Target Corporation.
Salaries vary based on position and degree attainment. Many management-level positions require a bachelor's degree or higher. Here are median salaries taken from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of 2012): Bank Loan Officer, $56,600; Insurance Sales Agent, $51,100; Financial Services Sales Agent, $71,720.
The Center for Careers and Transfer offers Career Services and Transfer Services to all students.
For more information regarding this program, please contact:
Brahan Hall, Room 205
For more information about admission to this program, please contact:
Guenther Enrollment Services Center, Room 223